In honor of our quickly approaching “6 months on the road” mark, here are some necessary travel skills for traveling Fitzgerald style…
10. Two words….Showering. Optional.
8. You are willing to sacrifice your pinky toe to all of the hard edges that outline the tiny floor space.
7. You dig the pace of a long road trip.
6. Another family game night is your idea of a great time.
5. You can stomach the need to scrape other people’s lint and hair out of the dryer vent filter before you put your laundry in the dryer at the laundromat.
4. Wandering inefficiently around unfamiliar grocery stores every time you need to buy food doesn’t drive you totally insane.
3. You can somehow tolerate the wild risk of pulling your actual home down the interstate at 70mph.
2. You can handle having a “family towel”.
1. You love seeing & smelling & feeling & hearing & touching new places and new experience so much that it makes all of the incredible inconveniences worth it.
“you got this thing about you
everything that I think about you
is gonna go and make me something else”